Chocolate, chicory, vermouth, and rum. Cocchi's "Storico" adds just enough lift and spice to keep Cathead's chicory liqueur from landing too heavily. A little aged rum adds nuanced heft, while toasted oats bring weightless texture.
- 1½ oz Cocchi "Storico" Vermouth di Torino
- 1 oz Cathead Distillery Hoodoo Chicory Liqueur (coffee liqueur can be substituted in a pinch)
- 1 oz Barbencourt Rhum Reserve Speciale
- 1 dash Bittermens Burlesque Bitters
- 1 dash Bob's Chocolate Bitters
- 2 tbsp oven-toasted rolled oats (baked at 350°F for 5-10 minutes)
- Orange rind, for garnish
- Combine the vermouth, chicory liqueur, rum, bitters, and oats in a shaker over ice. Shake until well-chilled. Double-strain into a rocks glass over ice and garnish with the orange rind.