Sometimes kale can seem intimidating: a tough green that needs cooking for hours; but, that's just no so. Here's an easy weeknight recipe that make lacinato kale not only simple, but also lighter than one might expect.
- Chop the kale into ¼-inch strips; set aside. Slice the onion into ¼-inch strips.
- Add a glug of olive oil into an extra-wide pan over medium heat. Add the onion strips and cook, turning frequently, until the onions begin to become translucent.
- Add the kale to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until the kale begins to show a brighter green (about 3 minutes).
- Add a little water to the pan (1-2 tbsp). Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until most of the water has evaporated (3-4 minutes). Repeat this step twice more until the kale is soft when bitten into.
- Remove from the heat and add the white beans, stirring to incorporate.
- Serve warm and garnish with a pinch of salt and (optional) a drizzle of truffle oil.