With plenty of plum and tannin, Solstice brings a heavy hit of acid and texture to the glass (not to mention a medley of savory herbs). To temper it, we added the aged smoke of mezcal reposado and the sweetly poised bitterness of D.C.-local Ciccio e Figli’s Cerasum. The resulting cocktail is a taught balance of impact and atmosphere, a momentary experience, much like the blooming of the cherry blossoms.
- 1 oz Los Amantes Mezcal Reposado
- 1 oz Artemisia Solstice
- 1 oz Ciccio e Figli Cerasum
- 1 oz honey syrup (recipe below)
- Brandied cherry, for garnish
- Make the honey syrup: combine ½ cup water and ½ cup honey in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring. Once fully combined, remove from the heat and cool completely. Store chilled.
- Combine the mezcal, Solstice, Cerasum, and honey syrup in a shaker over ice and stir to combine.
- Strain into a Nick and Nora Glass and garnish with the brandied cherry.