One of Andrew's favorite summer cocktails that he created during his tenure at The Whole Ox. The Cocchi Bianco is the bridge that brings the herbal notes of the thyme, the freshness of the citrus, the broadness of the rye, and the spunk of the bubbles.
- Take a tall glass and line the bottom of the glass with thyme, leaving the center hollow, just like the glass itself.
- Add orange slices or wedges (your preference).
- Fill the remainder of the glass with ice.
- Mix Cocchi Bianco, rye, bitter, and soda water together in a shaker and stir gently as to not disturb too many bubbles.
- Strain into a tall glass and top off with a touch more soda water for effect.