Deceptively easy and stunning in the glass, this just-sweet-enough cranberry cordial is the ideal base for all sorts of festive cocktails. It holds and travels well, making it well-suited for holiday gifts and (adult) stocking stuffers.
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 750mL bottle of vodka
- Zest of one orange, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and 1½ cups water to a simmer, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place the cranberries and the orange zest in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the cranberries, vodka, and orange zest to the warm sugar syrup. Stir well, then transfer to a large jar. Cover and shake well. Shake the mixture every day for 2 weeks.
- Strain the spirits and transfer the liquid to a bottle. Keeps at room temperature for about 2 months.