This spicy spin on the classic Puerto Rican Coquito takes a little inspiration from Diaspora's Haldi Doodh Masala. We love Diaspora's spices not just for their incredible quality, but for their deep dedication to ethical farm partnerships. In this case, their Haldi Doodh takes golden milk to an entirely new level.
- 4 oz Coquito
- ½ tsp Diaspora Haldi Doodh Masala
- ½ oz Artemisia Equinox Sweet Potato Gentiane
- ¼ oz Cointreau
- Carefully warm the coquito in a small saucepan over low heat, being careful not to boil it. Add the Haldi Doodh and cook, stirring occasionally, for about a minute. At this point, you can either leave the coquito warm or allow it to cool to room temperature for a few minutes in the fridge.
- If you're feeling like a hot drink, stir the Equinox and Cointreau into the Coquito, pour into a mug, and serve warm with a cinnamon stick.
- If you'd like something a little sleeker, combine the cooled coquito, the Equinox, and the Cointreau in a shaker over ice. Shake well. Strain into a rocks glass over ice dust with a little nutmeg.