When you have the grill already hot from cooking your mains, take advantage of the still-going heat to make a fresh salad to serve alongside your meal or save for later.
Build your grill to medium heat.
- Remove pit from peaches and chop into crescents. In a medium bowl, toss with olive oil and salt.
- Snap the tops of the green beans, and then snap the raining bean into half or thirds to make 1½ to 2 inch pieces. In a separate bowl, toss with olive oil, salt, and a generous amount of black pepper.
- Transfer both the peaches and the green beans, separately, into a grill pan. If you don't have a grill pan, you can make a temporary one with aluminium foil by curling up the edges to make a sheet more like a pie pan.
Grill, covered, for about 5 minutes, removing the peaches into a small metal bowl and transfer them to the freezer to cool.
- Let the green beans cook for another 2-3 minutes, until they are bright green with some blackening (not too much: you want to retain some of their crisp). Remove from the grill and let cool in the fridge.
- After about 10-15 minutes, remove the peaches from the freezer and cut each crescent into thirds, adding them to a large mixing bowl.
- Once you have finished with the peaches, add the green beans to the same mixing bowl. Crumble the feta into the bowl. Add white wine vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil, and salt to taste.
- Remove the mint leaves from the sprig and chiffonade. Toss most of the mint into the bowl and mix everything together gently with your hands. Add the remaining mint to the top just before serving.