A little bit playful and a little bit autumnal — just like Halloween. The horned Kiwano melon garnish gives the cocktail a wonderfully creepy quality like a tentacle reaching out of the foamy sea.
If you don't have a kiwano melon, you can substitute with cucumbers by cutting them into ribbons so they are like snakes running up the sides of the glass.
- Carefully, peel the kiwano melon with a knife in a long strip.
- Twist the kiwano peel into a spiral and place into a collins glass. Add ice by pushing them through the center of the peel.
- Combine the Cardamaro, gin, simple syrup, and the center of the kiwano melon in a shaker over ice.
- Shake until well-chilled and strain into the pre-garnished collins glass.
- Top with ginger beer and enjoy.