In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we've paired the dusty, herbal profile of Fred Jerbis Vermut 25 with the resinous aromatics of Tequila Reposado. The resulting cocktail is a portrait of the arid scrub lands just before a storm: a heady combination of desert herbs, sandstone, and rainwater.
- 1 oz Fred Jerbis Vermut 25
- 1 oz Tequila Reposado
- ⅛ oz pastis (we recommend Ricard)
- 2 dashes Artemisia Karela bitters
- Sprig of spearmint, as garnish
- Combine everything in a shaker with ice and stir gently.
- Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with the spearmint.