The star of this cocktail is J.T Copper's Golden Turmeric Syrup. A 2020 Good Food Award winner, this workhorse of a syrup was initially designed to be a base for Golden Milk. We've since found all manner of uses for it, from desserts to tea to, naturally, cocktails. Turmeric has an earthy, bitter edge that can baffle the unexpecting bartender. We find that the smoke and heft of bourbon counters this nicely.
- 2 ounces Bulleit Bourbon
- ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce J.T. Copper Golden Turmeric Syrup
- Sliced apples, as garnish
- Make the garnish: cut thin slices from a small apple until you have enough to make a fan. Brush with lemon juice and position the slices into a small fan shape. Thread a cocktail skewer through the slices to pin them in place.
- Combine the bourbon, lemon juice, and turmeric syrup in a shaker over ice and stir to combine.
- Pour into a coup glass and garnish with the apple fan.