The word seishin roughly translates to "psyche, spirit, soul, mind, will." A simple drink made from macerated ume plum syrup and Junmai sake, this cocktail is a reminder that excessive decorum has a way of obscuring the innate beauty of things. Perfect balance needs little adornment.
- 1¼ oz Suntory Toki Whiskey
- ¾ oz Yumé Boshi Ume Plum Syrup
- 1 oz North American Sake Brewery "Real Magic" Junmai Sake
- ⅛ oz Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
- 1 dash Artemisia "Junio" Elder Bitters
- Lemon rind
- Combine the whisky, plum syrup, sake, Luxardo, and bitters in a shaker over ice and stir to combine.
- Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with the lemon rind.