- 2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into ½-inch wedges
- 1 lb yellow onions, sliced into ½-inch segments
- Olive oil, as needed
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the sweet potatoes and onions on a sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil. Add the harissa paste, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss the sweet potatoes until uniformly coated with the oil and the spices.
Roast the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, turn the sweet potatoes onto their opposites sides and continue to roast for another 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fully tender.
Drizzle with the lemon juice and adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Scatter the mint leaves over the sweet potatoes and serve hot.