- 1 round of Village Cheeseworks Round Hill Cheese, chilled
- 1 sheet puff pastry, chilled but not frozen
- 2 tablespoons thick jam or marmalade, (fig and strawberry both work well, but you could use cranberry for an extra festive touch)
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
Preheat the oven to 400F. Using a very sharp knife, cut the rind off of the Round Hill.
Roll the chilled puff pastry to about ⅛-inch thick. Transfer the rolled dough to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Place the Round Hill in the center of the pastry and spread the jam over the top.
Drape the four corners of the dough, one at a time, across the cheese, wrapping it completely. Trim any excess dough away.
Brush the egg wash over the wrapped cheese. Sprinkle with the sugar and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown and cooked through.
Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 8 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm.