- 8 ounces Village Cheeseworks Atoka (2 packages), at room temperature, rinds removed (if desired)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 ounces bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 10 large dates (preferably Medjool), pitted and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Honey-roasted peanuts, crushed, to finish
- Local honey, to finish
- Firehook Sea Salt Crackers, to serve
Preheat the oven to 400F. In a medium bowl, stir together the Atoka cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper.
Spread in an even layer in a cast iron skillet. Bake until warm and bubbling, 20-25 minutes.
As the cheese warms, cook the bacon in a medium skillet, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a plate and reserve the oil in the pan. Add the dates to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute.
Top the baked Atoka with the dates and bacon. Drizzle with honey and serve hot with plenty of crackers and bread.